Tuesday, November 24, 2009

1991 Leaf Joe Boever


Who is this?
Joe Boever, a former relief pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals, Atlanta Braves, Philadelphia Phillies, Houston Astros, Oakland Athletics, Detroit Tigers and Pittsburgh Pirates

What is this? An autographed card from the 1991 Leaf set

Where'd I get it? I wrote to Joe Boever after Christmas last year and asked him to sign it. I got it back Monday along with the one I had previously posted.

How much did it cost? The card came out of a $10 wax box a few years ago, so really just postage.

Why is this so special? Out of the multitude of teams Boever played for, I really only have memories of him as a Brave and a Phillie... and he was better as a Brave.

I like the 1991 Leaf cards; even though they are junk wax, I couldn't really afford them when they were new. So I never had the chance to get sick of them like most of the other cards from that year. And Boever's card has a nice photo. It looks great signed.

No comments: