Tuesday, May 27, 2008

2005 Upper Deck USA Baseball Stephen Kahn

Who is this? Team USA pitcher Stephen Kahn.

What is this? An autograph card from 2005 Upper Deck USA Baseball, card number S-38.

Where'd I get it? Atlanta Sports Cards.

How much did it cost? A buck.

Why is this so special? This is how far behind I am on this site - I already gave this card away in a contest. The scan is still on my hard drive so it's fair game for the blog as far as I'm concerned. The card shop I bought this from would probably be my regular shop if I lived on the East instead of the West side of town. The extra 35 minutes driving (at $3.89 a gallon yet) makes it a once every other month type trip, but it's worth it. Tons of cheap boxes and cheaper single cards. They even have monster boxes of junk commons for 10 to 15 bucks a pop, but I haven't been brave enough to pick one up yet. They have an autogamer binder on the counter with a bunch of cards ranging from a buck to 10 bucks. Each time I go I try to pick out a couple dollar autographs for the heck of it. This is one of the cards I picked out. It looked cool at the time but I guess it wasn't quite cool enough to keep. I think it found a good home at any rate.

I really don't know much about Stephen. He was picked by the Brewers in 2002, but decided to go to college instead. After a couple of seasons at Loyola-Marymount he was drafted by the Mariners. As far as I can tell though, he hasn't pitched since 2006. Nice sig though. The card still looks cool. I've decided I like the cards that embed the sticker auto inside the card like this one and 2008 Topps Moments and Milestones. They kind of seem classier than the ones that slap the sticker on top of the card. So, um, yeah. I just don't have much to say about this card. Maybe it's time for another trip out to the shop for more dollar autos.

No comments: