Thursday, February 14, 2008

1992 Topps Otis Nixon


Who is this? Braves outfielder Otis Nixon.

What is this? An autographed 1992 Topps card, number 340.

Where'd I get it? Given to me by my grandfather.

How much did it cost? Free.

Why is this so special? My grandfather was a salesman and continued to sell stuff out of his home through newspaper ads once he was retired. He met a lot of people doing this and met Otis Nixon's lawyer or agent one time while doing this. He apparently gave the guy a good deal, because he got this autographed card from him in appreciation. Otis was The Man, and I really wish he could have played in the '91 World Series. The ballpoint autograph is very clear and readable on the card. This card will always have a special place in my collection since it's from my grandfather.

No comments: