Monday, February 4, 2008

2007 Topps Anthony Lerew


Who is this? Braves pitcher Anthony Lerew.

What is this? An autograph card from 2007 Topps, card HA-AL.

Where'd I get it? Sports Card Alley.

How much did it cost? $5.

Why is this so special? I got this from my favorite dealer at the flea market this weekend. I found it in the 50% off case. It's an autograph of a Brave, so why not. Anthony Lerew was a top prospect for the Braves a few years ago, but has not fared well in the majors. This card features his first major league start on May 8th, when he took over Mark Redman's spot in the rotation. Unfortunately he got injured and had Tommy John surgery in June. Lerew probably won't be ready to go in 2008 and will have to fight for a spot in the bigs once he returns. I'm not sure what series this is from, it's probably series 2 or Updates and Highlights. I'm too lazy to look it up. Anthony's auto looks real good on the sticker.

No comments: