Sunday, October 30, 2011

2010 Topps Daniel Hudson


Who is this? Arizona Diamondbacks Pitcher Daniel Hudson.
What is this? An autograph card from 2010 Topps Series 1.
Where'd I get it? I got this card signed by Daniel after a game against the Pawtucket Red Sox in 2010 when he was pitching for the White Sox Triple-A Affiliate, the Charlotte Knights.
How much did it cost? I got this card when I bought 2010 Topps Series 1 for about $23.00.

Why is this so special? Daniel Hudson is one of the best young pitchers in baseball. Over the course of his first three season in the Majors, Hudson has a record of 25-15 over 49 starts with a 3.19 ERA, with 267 strikeouts and only 86 walks. Not bad for a fifth-round pick out of Old Dominion.

And, not only is Daniel a rising star on the mound, he is also a very good signer. Not only was he very nice when I met him after a Paw Sox game (after security had turned off all of the lights and there were a few collectors asking him to sign in pitch black), but he has also signed cards through-the-mail for both my wife and me.

Daniel personalized the cards for both of us, something that I think is cool, and even wrote a note on the cardboard piece that I include in every return envelope to protect my cards.


No comments: