Wednesday, November 10, 2010

2004 Upper Deck Vintage Denny Stark



Who is this? Bridgeport Bluefish pitcher Denny Stark
What is this? An autographed card from the 2004 Upper Deck Vintage set
Where'd I get it? Stark signed it for me at a Newark Bears game this year.
How much did it cost? I probably got it out of a pack; I used to buy at least one blaster of any non-glossy finish set.

Why is this so special? Denny Stark was selected by the Seattle Mariners in the 4th round of the 1996 draft. He pitched in the major leagues for both the Mariners and the Colorado Rockies. As recently as 2009, he appeared in a game with the Mariners.

In 73 major league appearances, including 42 starts, Stark has a 15-14 record and a 5.81 ERA. This year for Bridgeport, Stark had an 8-4 record with a 4.68 ERA in 37 games (17 starts).

For a modern player, he has a fairly decent autograph.

1 comment:

zman40 said...

I saw this card on here earlier in the week and didn't really remember Denny. Then at work yesterday, it hit me. Denny is one of two Major League pitchers that I have seen hit a home run (and they both came in the same game).