Monday, August 2, 2010

2008 TriStar Prospects Plus Reese Havens



Who is this? Binghamton Mets second baseman Reese Havens

What is this? An autographed card from the 2008 TriStar Prospects Plus set

Where'd I get it? Havens signed it for me before a game in Trenton earlier this year.


How much did it cost? I got it out of a clearance blaster.

Why is this so special? Havens, a first round draft pick of the New York Mets in 2008, could eventually take over as the team's second baseman if he can figure out how to stay on the field and develop his skills.

Havens has only appeared in 32 games in 2010, playing at both St. Lucie and Binghamton. In limited playing time, he's hitting .312 with 9 home runs and 19 RBI.

Havens was born between games two and three of the 1986 World Series. I'm feeling a bit old now. I'm not sure that I can decipher any of the letters in his autograph, but I appreciate him being kind enough to sign.

No comments: