Friday, April 2, 2010

1999 Upper Deck SP Signature Edition Emil Brown


Who is this? Emil Brown, a former Major League outfielder who played for the Pittsburgh Pirates in the late 1990s

What is this? An autographed card from the 1999 Upper Deck SP Signature insert set

Where'd I get it? CheckOutMyCards.com

How much did it cost? $2, less than the one I lost on eBay a few months ago.

Why is this so special? Brown was a Met for about a week last season, so I needed his autograph for my collection. This is his only certified autograph card. He's got a relatively clean signature. Unlike many later Upper Deck issues, this one is signed on the card, not a sticker.

Brown was never a particularly good Major League player, but I have to give him credit for making it and sticking around for 10 seasons. He did have two solid years for the Kansas City Royals in 2005 and 2006. He hit .286 with 17 home run, 86 RBI an .804 OPS  and a 113 OPS+ in 2005, his best season.

2 comments:

tastelikedirt said...

He was on the A's for a while too.

zman40 said...

LIME!

I have a Dee Brown card from that set and I must say that the autograph cards look good.