Monday, January 12, 2009

1990 Topps Troy Aikmen



Who is this? Hall of Fame quarterback, Troy Aikman

What is this? An autograph card from the 1990 Topps set, card number 482.

Where'd I get it? I got it signed through the mail in the early '90s.

How much did it cost? The price of a pack and two stamps.

Why is this so special? I got this card signed in either 1990 or '91 when the Cowboys were still building up to their dynasty status. I had no idea at the time that I got an autograph from a future Hall of Famer. Not only is this card signed by the legendary Cowboy, but it is also personalized to me. I think that this was the second card that was personalized to me through the mail.

Aikman was a six time Pro Bowler, was Super Bowl XXVII MVP, and he lead the 'Boys to three straight Super Bowl victories. In 2006, he was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. These days, he does commentating for games on Fox

No comments: