Friday, October 24, 2008

2008 Allen & Ginter Jeff Francoeur


Who is this? Braves Natural, Jeff Francoeur.

What is this? An autograph card from 2008 Allen & Ginter, card number AGA-JBF.

Where'd I get it? From reader Todd S.

How much did it cost? Traded for it.

Why is this so special? An autograph from a player on my favorite team from my favorite product, what's not to like? Now I just need to find something to send Todd... What is it with Royals fans? The team hasn't done anything in 20 years and there are legions of fans out there clamoring for their cards. Royals and Indians especially are trading gold. I'm sure I have something up my sleeve to send. Anyway, there's not much to say about the A&G autos that hasn't been said. The cards look great, the signatures usually look good despite the tiny auto space on the card, the black borders are spooky and mysterious, just great looking cards. The back even calls out machine Francoeur a Star Outfielder. Not after this season... in fact, Todd may come to regret trading this off as there have been rumors of a Frenchy - Brian Bannister swap for a few months now. I don't think it'll happen though, you don't sell low on a fan favorite like Jeff. I think this year was just part of a natural progression. Two years ago he hit for power. Last year he started walking more and hit for average. This year he fell off a cliff. That means next year he''ll do the exact opposite and hit .300 with thirty homers and walk 50 times. In my dreams, perhaps.

No comments: