Thursday, January 31, 2008

2007 Bowman Cody Johnson


Who is this? Braves Draft Pick Cody Johnson.

What is this? An autograph card from 2007 Bowman, card BP118.

Where'd I get it? In a trade with Brandon of Baseball Cards and More.

How much did it cost? Received in a trade.

Why is this so special? Cody was the Braves 1st round pick in 2006, number 24 overall. I had no idea who he was at the time, but if you click on the Scout.com profile of him above, the Braves scouts really loved him. He's a very young potential slugger who is raw but had a fantastic year in Rookie ball last year. Seventeen homers in 63 games with a 1.004 OPS, yikes! I'll really have to start watching him now. I got this in a big trade from Brandon. Here's Brandon's Want List, the cards came very fast and were well packaged. Plus Brandon put up with my extreme slowness when trading, which is nice. I technically traded two Josh Hamilton cards for this one, but it was a 8 cards for 4 deal that worked out well for both sides. I hope Cody develops his penmanship along with his batting skills, because this auto is a scribbly mess. Maybe Chipper Jones can pull him aside in spring training and give him some autographing tips.

No comments: